Friday, December 9, 2011

Roll Call



Some weeks I write more, other weeks I read more. That's the natural pulse and rhythm of my life.

This week has been more for reading than writing - of books and papers for school, of fun reads I want to catch up on (you can see my Goodreads profile for what's caught my fancy just now), and of blogs that really strike a chord with me.

Listed below are several of the blog posts that really stood out to me this week, including one open competition you ought not to miss (though you need to get your entry in before the 12th!). Take a look at the links below for some great insights for writers.

How to Lose Readers and Alienate People, by Daniel Swensen

When You're Drowning in a Sea of a Million Blogs, by Jeff Goins

Passive Voice in Creative Writing, by Sirra

A Collection of Writing Tips, by Sirra

Age- Appropriateness in Historical Fiction, by Amanda McCrina

Breaking Into Publishing, by Rachelle Gardner

Christmas Open Cold Competition, hosted by Krystal Wade and Derek Flynn



What recent blog posts do you think I should check out?


4 comments:

  1. YAY! Thank you for the Cold Open shout out! We appreciate it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for featuring my blog. I'll do my best to keep it full of writing tips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thanks for plugging my blog again! You make me happy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the recommendations, I will check them out.

    ReplyDelete