Saturday, November 12, 2011

8 for 2

Things Learned from NaNoWriMo, Week 2:


1. Word sprints are treble the fun when racing alongside other nutzo, coffee-infused WriMos.

2. Sprints with fellow WriMos can result in daily word counts of 4000 or better.

3. The soundtrack to The Village is excellent writing music - especially if you've never seen the movie.

4. The Alice in Wonderland analogies come in very handy when explaining tricky plot points to someone.

5. Fellow WriMos are just the people with whom to share my offbeat literary humor. Because we're all strange in practically the same way. :-)


6. Chocolate covered blueberries are STILL the best motivational snack. Ever.

7. If you let your characters tell on themselves, it really cuts down a lot of the "fluff narrative", which is nice when you're blitzing at 29487293784 words per parsec.

8. I love it when people post their #nanolines on Twitter. Amazing what falls out of some people's heads...









1 comment:

  1. I love the word sprints. One of the big reasons I still participate in Nano. It's so much fun.

    I haven't been reading the #nanolines and am really self-conscious about sharing my own. Even though I know it's wrong to do so, I fret if I post them and nothing happens.

    ReplyDelete